Billing & Insurance Assistant
Position Summary: This position supports 321Go Kids’ operations by maintaining office systems and acts as a liaison between physicians’ offices, insurance carriers and patient families. The Billing & Insurance Assistant works with leadership, therapists and the support staff to support the delivery of care in a safe, friendly encouraging culture according to 321Go Kids’ Mission and Core Values.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Verify patient insurance or Medicaid coverage and keep families informed of benefits.
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility
- Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies
- Issue and post bills, receipts and invoices
- Check the validity of debit accounts
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments
- Ensure all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines including payment plans
- Provide solutions to any relative problems of clients
- Write thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data
- Submit claims to Insurance Companies and Medicaid payers
- Process and request Prior Authorizations from payers
- Submit appeals to payers
- Ensure that documents have appropriate signatures
- Communicate plans-of-care to physicians’ offices and keep them informed on patient status.
- Reconcile balances between insurance carriers and patients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurance companies and Medicaid MCE’s
- Process EOB’s and apply to patient accounts.
- Keep leadership informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information, and identifying trends.
- Create systems needed to adapt to changes handed down from Medicaid and insurance companies
- Perform bi-annual audit of billing system and files
- Communicate information effectively between leadership, therapists, and other staff members.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient medical records.
- Maintain an encouraging, safe, and clean working environment by following all rules and protocols.
- Read and listen to assigned materials as related to leadership growth.
- Willingness to serve according to the Mission and Core Values of 321Go Kids.
- Ability to accurately self-assess and improve self-leadership along with new skill development.
- Ability to take direction from peers and leaders within 321Go Kids.
- Possess creativity, patience, and skills to work with all children and their families.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects.
- Possess excellent communication skills and ability to articulate thoughts.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with children of all ages, co-workers, families, and healthcare professionals.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1-year field experience preferred (not required)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Publisher.
- Job involves ability to clearly communicate through face-to-face conversations, phone conversations, email and at times text communication.
- The environment is constantly changing, often stressful or noisy, primarily indoors.
- Some exposure to bodily fluids can be expected.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employment
321Go Kids provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.