Family Care Specialist
Position Summary: The Family Care Specialist serves as a liaison between families and 321Go Kids Staff. This position brings hospitality and excellent communication to the children and families we serve through management of 321Go Kids Schedule and helping to onboard all families to our 321Go Kids Journey. They help bring a caring and fun environment according to 321Go Kids’ Mission and Core Values.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Ability to learn and work with children (birth through 18 years of age) who have various diagnoses, including but not limited to: Autism, sensory processing, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome.
- Ability to listen, understand, and evaluate specific needs of the families served at 321Go Kids.
- Communicate clearly through face to face conversation with families the various needs and schedules as related to therapy at 321Go Kids.
- Evaluate and plan 321Go Kids’ patient appointment schedule for all therapy disciplines which include physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Work closely with insurance biller position to prepare patient communication lists for all therapists.
- Understand various insurance plans and Medicaid plans and how they relate to planning and implementing the 321Go Kids schedule.
- Maintain 321Go Kids complete schedule in Microsoft Outlook and Fusion Documentation System for all therapists.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively by phone with patient families regarding various needs of 321Go Kids. This may include appointment times, weather related information, questions that arise throughout therapy, etc.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with doctors’ offices through conversations and/or email regarding patients as related to 321Go Kids.
- Maintain birthday and anniversary cards sent to patients on a monthly basis.
- Communicate with families on occasional weekends involving weather related closings or cancellations due to therapist illness.
- Communicate with therapists regarding patient attendance, illnesses or concerns.
- Communicate upcoming events for 321Go Kids and Victory Lane Camp.
- Educate families about the 321Go journey and help encourage them as they learn and understand their child’s therapy.
- Maintain and order office and therapy supplies.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient medical records.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by following all rules and protocols.
- Read assigned materials as related to leadership growth.
- Participate in weekly therapist and staff meetings.
- Prepare monthly reports related to attendance and package completions.
- Willingness to personally grow and dynamically change as 321Go Kids grows and dynamically changes.
- Willingness to serve according to the Mission and Core Values of 321Go Kids.
- Ability to accurately self-assess and improve self-leadership along with new skill development.
- Ability to take direction from peers and leaders within 321Go Kids.
- Possess creativity, patience, and skills to work with special needs children and their families.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects.
- Skill in assessing and maintaining multiple schedules.
- Possess excellent communication skills and ability to articulate thoughts.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with children of all ages, co-workers, families, and healthcare professionals.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Publisher
- Job involves ability to clearly communicate through face to face conversations, phone conversations, email and at times text communication.
- Environment is constantly changing, often stressful or noisy, primarily indoors.
- Some exposure to bodily fluids can be expected.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employment
321Go Kids provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.